Every day, Sparkles in Kennesaw sees people of all ages and skate skill levels come through our doors for a great time. Some guests bring their own skates, while others prefer to rent a set of wheels from us. Either way, everyone always has a wonderful time on their visit! We’ve had customers ask us which is better- renting skates or investing in your own pair? Well, the right answer varies person to person. If you are contemplating buying a new pair of skates, here are some things to consider before making your new purchase.
Renting – A great option for growing children!
- Renting skates is a great choice if you have young children. Because they are constantly going through growth spurts, it makes more sense to rent skates, rather than buy them a new pair every few months. A pair of skates you buy today will most likely not fit them a month or two from now.
- Sparkles carries skates in all sizes, from toddler to adult, and they are all available for our guests to rent. No need to bring your own from home, we’ve got you covered.
- If you only visit the rink once or twice a month, renting will save you money rather than investing in skates.
Buying – A great investment for the frequent skater
- If you absolutely love to roller skate then we suggest investing in your own pair. While it may be more expensive in the moment to purchase skates, over time you’ll save more money buying your own pair.
- Buying your own skates means you can choose the perfect fit, style, and color for you! If comfort is a huge thing for you, buying a pair is the way to go!
- Buying your own skates means you have the freedom to customize your ride! Red skates, purple laces, glow-in-the-dark wheels, whatever fits your personality!
Whether you are looking to buy or rent your skates, Sparkles in Kennesaw has an option for you. Swing by our Pro Shop on your next visit to see our selection of skates and accessories!